Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Apr 16, 2008What makes you nostalgic?Current mood:curiousA friend recently sent me an old video clip of "The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson." George Gobel was featured, but sitting on the couch were Dean Martin & Bob Hope, clowning around and knocking each other and Johnny out with visual stunts behind George's back. Pure silliness from "the good old days." Besides Mr. Hope looking like my dad, bringing on a bit of heartache missing the old man, I got nostalgic for the hilarious old comics who didn't have to resort to profanity for laughs as so many do these days. Funny, clever guys and gals observing the human condition and making the rest of us laugh despite our foibles. What makes you feel nostalgic? I know every generation has its own set of icons. I would love to know yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment