Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Jun 18, 2009Ranting: you can't fix stupid, only worse this time With apologies to my friend Jo: http://www.myspace.com/waddadogI just blogged all over Jo's blog. It started me ranting about the state we live in. I mean the real state I live in. That is, the unreal state I live in. It is now legal to carry a loaded firearm in your vehicle in the state of Utah, with or without a permit, or it will be, on July 1. The Utah legislature is full of scared old men with prostate trouble and little teeny weenies. That's the only explanation I have for this new law. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. When I taught school in Idaho long ago, we lost 2 elementary age children in just a couple of years due to the stupid storage of loaded weapons, and now there are 2 young men out there living with the knowledge that they were also innocent victims of this outrage. One: lost a brother, due to a pistol in a glove compartment and 2 bored boys playing in the car. One: a dead friend, bleeding out in a lonely field after a seven year old panicked, fled and didn't come clean till the body was found days later. So all you foreigners, illegals and shape-shifters out there, and you know who you are, be warned. We are wearing our foil hats, we are armed, and we are dangerous besides.Peace. Go check your firearms supply. Really.dd

No comments:

Post a Comment