Tuesday, March 6, 2012

RemoveJun 7, 2008Robin updateI was enjoying my quiet garden this afternoon when Junior robin fluttered onto his "bitching branch" and proceeded to whine and call for room service some more. I had just told someone this a.m. that the robins were good and gone, and here they were back. I laughed at Junior and stuck my nose back in what I was reading. After a time I realized what a racket that one bird was making. He was gone from the tree, but still nearby. I peeked over the fence and there he was, with siblings and Dad, all practicing catching juicy earthworms in the rainy grass. I'm convinced Junior should be renamed "Special Ed" (my apologies if this is offending anyone. If it is, blog off...)because Dad was making a big display of hauling a long worm out of the grass and pecking at it instead of just chugging it down as they usually do. Special Ed just watched, slack beaked. Finally dad hauled the worm to a dry hard patch of soil and laid it out like a six-foot subway sandwich. Ed watched, but watched me more, so I ducked back down. Eventually they all vanished again. I have no idea if anyone got to eat anything. I have GOT to get out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment