Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Jan 3, 2009Jo’s quiz/blogCurrent mood:busyFriend Honey and her person, Jo, have a wonderful blog. If I weren't so T.I., I'd link it here but she's among my listed friends, so I suggest you check out my friends and go see some fantastic writers. Don't miss Robert, Ness, Weaselseashells and Carey Lenehan, either. Then get back here and read this! Here's the latest suggestion from Jo, so I'm following her directive. 1. What was your favorite Christmas/seasonal gift this year? I received many generous, thoughtful and loving gifts, but the best by far is time with the people I love. Absolutely priceless.2. What gift were you the most excited to give and to whom was it given? I was anxious to give a certain 6 year old the Pegasus of her dreams, but Santa pre-empted me, as is right and correct. It was fabulous to hear all about it on the phone. So it was the best thing I DIDN'T give.3. What is your biggest personal wish for the New Year? World Peace and a smaller behind. Not necessarily in that order.4. What did you do New Year's Eve? Had a quiet evening at home with my favorite husband (so far) savoring fondued crab, shrimp and scallops and too much wine. Followed by chocolate. Followed by some music including Janis Ian's live (but taped) performance on Public Television. Followed by fireworks and some other stuff. All good.5. You are on Death Row and being executed at midnight. What do you order for your last meal on earth? (We're going to assume you actually have an appetite.)Dinner out? 6. The Power in Charge of Life and Death is granting you eight hours to spend with a loved one who has passed on. Who, among your loved ones, do you choose and what will you do? (This will take place on Earth, not in some far-flung nebula.)Dad, for sure, who loved to travel and didn't get nearly enough of that on this earth, so a far-flung nebula would suit us both just fine. We'll look in each others' eyes and tell truths. 7. It has been deemed that you will live a life of abject poverty, but you get to choose where to spend that life - the Amazon Rainforest or Siberia. Which do you choose and why? Well, since I've had good practice for Siberia living in Idaho and Utah, I'll choose the Amazon, just for a nice change. Brazil nut soup, anyone? 8. If you could have one talent at which you excelled, what would it be? (and if you already have a talent at which you excel, unlike many of us, pick another one.)I'd be a fabulous pianist. 9. You are being forced to share a bed with someone, and you are given a choice between a snorer or a farter. Which do you choose and why? The snorer!! I can't imagine living within the range of someone else's toxic releases. I'm married to a complete gentleman, praise be. I can live with earplugs much easier than with nose plugs!10. You just won the gazillion dollar lottery. After all the excitement has died down, what is the first thing you do? First, take my extended family on a world cruise and MAKE THEM LOOK. No cell phones, no texting. While on this trip, I'd buy and have destroyed all of the machines and weapons of war and discord, and I'd buy my own police force and MAKE PEACE HAPPEN NOW! Gently yours, the DivaI hope some of you who haven't already bowed to Jo's peer pressure will take this opportunity to share your own responses to this quiz. Pretty please?dd

2 comments:

  1. Yet again, I have no memory of asking these questions. I love your answers, especially what you would want for your last dinner on death row: Dinner out. You had me laughing.
    will read more later, quilting calls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D
    This was such a fun time, back then. I wish I had been able to post photos but somehow I never got the knack.

    ReplyDelete